|Purpose of the position:
||Responsible for the site supervision , development, planning, coordination, organization, implementation and evaluation of the nursing program activities; Assists the Administrative Nursing Director and Chief Academic Officer in various aspects of the overall program and implementing special projects.
- Plans, develops, manages, updates and evaluates all aspects of the program
- Prepares data and other written materials for all required state and Vocational Nursing Board requirements, reports, proposals, self-studies, surveys, and site visits.
- Assists with identifying and obtaining outside resources for the nursing program.
- Develops and implements program policies and procedures.
- Organizes and serves on committees.
- Oversees admission process and orientation.
- Effectively serves as liaison between the community and the college.
- Develops and maintains educational partnerships with clinical sites
- Performs a clinical site evaluation that includes a thorough assessment on the ability of the agency to provide clinical experience that meets the objectives for application of theory and clinical course objectives. The assessment includes an analysis of risk, hazards and safety of all students, as well as ensuring adequate staffing to handle clinical objectives.
- Maintains evaluations by students, clinical sites representatives, and faculty at completion of each clinical rotation and provides summary report to the Chief Executive Officer /Administrative Director of Nursing Programs, and shares same with Advisory committee.
- Ensures clinical contracts are updated and maintained.
- Participates in nursing faculty recruitment, hiring and orientation.
- Facilitates nursing faculty meetings on a regular basis and insures adequate records and minutes of the meetings are maintained.
- Assigns and schedules faculty to course and clinical sites.
- Monitors quality of instruction and participates in faculty and program review, evaluation, and strategic planning.
- Provides advising, support, and planning assistance to potential students.
- Provides input and ensure that students are properly oriented to nursing skills lab and clinical facilities prior to initiating clinical rotations.
- Participates in the planning and review process for the recruitment and admission of qualified nursing students.
- Assures that all students have completed the necessary documentation and met the requirements for graduation and licensing exam.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of the Nursing Advisory Committee meetings.
- Participates in professional development; maintains CE hours
- Maintains current knowledge of State rules and regulations as relate to the practice of Vocational Nursing.
|Education and Experience:
- Hold a current California active license as a Registered Nurse; and
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an approved school; and
- Have a minimum of three years experience as a registered nurse; one year shall be in teaching or clinical supervision, or a combination thereof, in a state approved registered nursing or vocational or practical nursing, or psychiatric technician school within the last five years; or a minimum of three years experience in nursing administration or nursing education within the last five years; and
- Have completed a course or courses offered by an approved school with instruction in administration, teaching, and curriculum development.