Medical Assistant Instructor Responsibilities:
- Providing hands-on classroom instruction.
- Maintaining and updating course syllabus; assisting in the development of new curricula.
- Cover all material in depth and scope as described in syllabus.
- Utilize a variety of teaching styles and methods to accommodate diverse learning styles of students.
- Preparing and utilizing approved lesson plans.
- Evaluating student competence based on program philosophy and objectives.
- Preparing student progress reports and grade reports; maintaining accurate and timely attendance records.
- Attending faculty meetings.
- Follow the school academic policies at all times.
- Other duties as assigned
Post-secondary Certificate of Completion in Medical Assisting, or higher medical degree related to Medical Assisting, is required. Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in related field.
Salary: Base Salary is commensurate with verified qualifications.
- Ability to create and maintain relationships
- Motivated, self-starter
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work flow
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently
This is a Part-Time Per-Diem opportunity for experienced Medical Assistants who would like to get into the teaching field. Our one month long orientation will give you all the tools necessary to be successful in a classroom setting.
Founded in 2002, Unitek College is an accredited, private institution that combines unique academic and technical specialties to provide a superior education in the areas of healthcare and nursing. Unitek College offers seven convenient facilities in California with campuses in Fremont, San Jose, Hayward, Concord, South San Francisco, Sacramento and Bakersfield. Unitek College provides healthcare career training, professional development, clinical placement, and employment assistance to its graduates.
Unitek College is also a great place to pursue a rewarding and challenging career. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, unlimited growth potential, and a collegiate work environment.