Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instruct students and develop coursework for the assigned classes.
- Make continuous efforts to improve quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing different and innovative methodologies / techniques in teaching.
- Assist with reviewing and revising syllabus and instructional guidelines.
- Regularly evaluate students to measure their progress in achieving curriculum and course objectives and inform them in a timely manner of their progress.
- Assist with strategic planning and assessment of instructional initiatives to ensure quality of program.
- Maintain student records of attendance, grades, and skills check-off forms and assist with program data collection.
- Teach lectures and clinical rotations (clinical rotations can be days, and/or evenings, on week days and/or weekends).
- Provide access to students for ongoing communication through scheduling of office hours, electronic communication and other appropriate methods.
- Participate in professional development; maintain CE hours to ensure renewed license, and stay current with college updates.
- Commitment to teaching and working with a multicultural and multi-generational student body.
- Act as liaison between clinical facilities, community partners and the college
- Full time position(at least 30 hours).
No previous teaching experience is required):
- Registered Nurse with current license in Utah (or ability to get a Utah license)
- MSN Degree with at least 4 years of direct patient care experience, one of which is within the last five years
- Able to meet the faculty requirements set by Utah's Board of Registered Nursing
- Current immunizations and Basic Life Support Certification
- Experience which demonstrates: Current knowledge of nursing practice; ability to mentor students in classroom, lab and clinical settings.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
At Provo College our goal is to help students pursue rewarding healthcare careers by equipping them with the highest-quality education and training. We offer high-caliber, career-specific degree and diploma programs that are focused on imparting the skills needed to be successful in some of the most in-demand careers in the market today. Our degree and diploma programs have been developed in collaboration with local industry professionals and emphasize real-world, hands-on learning. Students learn through classroom, lab and simulation work and through clinical experience in outstanding healthcare facilities throughout the region.