Founded in 2002, Unitek College is an accredited, private institution that combines unique academic and technical specialties to provide a superior education in the areas of healthcare and nursing. Unitek College offers seven convenient facilities in California with campuses in Fremont, San Jose, Hayward, Concord, South San Francisco, Sacramento and Bakersfield. Unitek College provides healthcare career training, professional development, clinical placement, and employment assistance to its graduates.
Unitek College is also a great place to pursue a rewarding and challenging career. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, unlimited growth potential, and a collegiate work environment.
is seeking energetic, detail-oriented and customer service driven applicants for a Financial Aid Assistant. This is an excellent opportunity for you to have a career in a field where you can make a real difference in students’ lives.
Serve as a Financial Aid Assistant, providing information and assistance for potential and existing students. Work closely with the Director of Financial Aid with a special emphasis on compliance with federal regulations, school policy, and customer service to the students.
Key Job Elements
- Ensure that the information provided to students is in compliance with Federal, State and college rules and regulations.
- Work with the Director of Financial Aid to meet objectives and to achieve long-term goals within the FA budget, and prepare reports as necessary.
- Counsel students and parents regarding financial eligibility, and provide that all students (new, re-entry, and continuing) are aware of, and have planned for their financial obligations to the school, as well as other financial aid providers.
- Maintain consistently clean files shown through Training Assessments for Compliance with Federal/State regulations and school policies and procedures.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Understanding of current Title IV, federal and state regulations regarding Financial Aid
• Strong Customer Service skills
• Ability to effectively communicate sensitive financial information to prospective and current customers in an understandable manner
Credentials and Experience:
• High School Degree or GED is required
• Associate degree or above in related fields of accounting, finance, business, administrations, etc. is preferred
• Prior related work experience is a plus but not required.
• Availability at a minimum of two evenings per week for evening student population
• Overtime as requested by supervisor – may include: evenings, weekends and/or holidays
• Excellent customer service is required