Founded in 2002, Unitek College is an accredited, private institution that combines unique academic and technical specialties to provide a superior education in the areas of healthcare and nursing. Unitek College offers eight convenient facilities in California and Arizona with campuses in Fremont, San Jose, Hayward, Concord, South San Francisco, Sacramento, Bakersfield and Chandler. Unitek College provides healthcare career training, professional development, clinical placement, and employment assistance to its graduates.
Unitek College is also a great place to pursue a rewarding and challenging career. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, unlimited growth potential, and a collegiate work environment.
FACULTY DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Unitek College is looking for a seasoned, passionate educator with a solid grasp on adult teaching methods, formative assessment strategies, and application of technology in the classroom.
If you have experience delivering direct instruction in a college or university and enjoy pursuing new technologies to identify opportunities for use and implementation in the classroom, then Unitek is the right place for you to work.
The Faculty Development Specialist provides direct, comprehensive training for new and current instructors; provides technology assistance, one-on-one training, group training, and day-to-day instructional support to members of the faculty at Unitek College.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
· Knowledge of and experience in adult learning, andragogy, and active learning best practices.
· Must be a data-driven, energetic, and highly organized individual able to prioritize and execute multiple tasks.
· Requires an orientation to detail, a solid technical aptitude.
· Knowledge and experience to create instructional materials using appropriate technology and instructional content
· Requires the ability to learn, adjust, and respond in a dynamic, fast paced, and constantly changing environment
· Possesses strong oral, written, and interpersonal skill and the ability to deal with multiple constituencies
· Must be service-oriented, able to build rapport with faculty and staff, and deal with competing demands
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external workgroups
· Familiarity with multiple browsers required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop and analyze data to provide regular reports on faculty learning needs.
· Work as a technological problem solver for technical requests with Moodle, Evolve, and other online learning management systems
· Monitor and report on the training progress of instructors
· Support faculty through answering training questions, problems, and requests
· Analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate individual and group training workshops and sessions
· Organize training workshops and events for faculty teaching fully online courses a well as those using web-supported online classroom and face-to-face courses on all campuses of Unitek College
· Engage with new members of the faculty during the onboarding process
· Develops training and faculty development programs by researching topics, viewing and evaluating content materials, and making recommendations. Applies best practices in teaching, instructional design and development and pedagogical theories and process.
· Coordinates specialized training for faculty development. Identifies and evaluates consultants, program facilitators, and faculty leaders to deliver high quality programs. Assesses program success by developing evaluations and maintaining metrics and measures.
· Monitors and evaluates faculty development programs presented by faculty, facilitators, or external experts to ensure the quality of instruction and the achievement of program goals.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification with relevant experience and training
· Three years of experience in a teaching and learning role; planning direct instruction; working with lesson plans, assessment tools, and online resources.
· Degree in Adult Education or a related field preferred.