Founded in 2002, Unitek College is an accredited, private institution that combines unique academic and technical specialties to provide a superior education in the areas of healthcare and nursing. Unitek College offers seven convenient facilities in California with campuses in Fremont, San Jose, Hayward, Concord, South San Francisco, Sacramento and Bakersfield. Unitek College provides healthcare career training, professional development, clinical placement, and employment assistance to its graduates.
Unitek College is also a great place to pursue a rewarding and challenging career. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, unlimited growth potential, and a collegiate work environment.This paraprofessional position is responsible for assisting in student file review activities in the Title IV awards and file review area including file review for Title IV eligibility, disbursement eligibility and preparing student files for Title IV origination and disbursement. The position is responsible for assisting campuses with the financial aid disbursement process by providing exceptional customer service to the campuses, students, families, peers and managers. The position requires the ability to work with a sense of urgency, analyze data, exercise professional judgment in reviewing financial aid applications, verification and awarding Title IV aid and that the work be done accurately and compliantly in accordance with Title IV regulations. The position serves as a liaison between the corporate student financial services department and the campus Financial Aid Department.
Education & Experience:
- Complies with all Federal, State, accreditation and institutional policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret regulations surrounding Title IV awarding and direct loan certifications.
- Achieves compliance as established by accrediting agencies, state entities and current established company targets.
- Review all student financial aid files for completeness, accuracy and ensure verification requirements are met.
- Post related award data into student operating system to ensure timely and accurate cash flow forecasts.
- Prepare file reconciliations to ensure proper management and posting of scheduled Title IV funding.
- Participate as an active team member of Corporate Student Financial Services Department and ensure active communication and cohesive working relationship with all other departments.
- Performs refund calculations and processes credit balances on a timely basis.
- Maintains knowledge of Title IV awarding, satisfactory academic progress, and basic accounting principles for cash management.
- Attends all applicable training workshops to remain current on Title IV Program, Federal and State regulations, and related to campus based funds management and Title IV aid awarding.
- Maintains and coordinates awarding, disbursement and student file reports.
- Maintains knowledge of the College’s awarding and refund policies.
- Ensures ethical and accurate documentation and recordkeeping which meets all company and regulatory agency standards.
- Prepares statistical and tracking reports as requested by UNITEK management.
- Ability to schedule Title IV and private funds to funds ledger and cash disbursement rosters.
- Provide exceptional customer service and respond to inquiries from the campuses.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to drive in the United States.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least one year of experience working in a business office, banking or accounting environment.
- Preference will be given to individuals who have previous experience working as a Financial Aid Assistant or Specialist at a higher education institution.
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in business, finance, auditing or accounting.
- Excellent customer service, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Efficiency in MS Office, especially MS Excel is required
- English will be the primary language used; bilingual abilities useful but not required.
- Ability to meet deadlines and execute multiple priorities.
- Must have knowledge of basic accounting principles and office systems.
- Meet verification standards as determined by UNITEK.
- Works with a sense of urgency and responsiveness to students, families and co-workers.