Founded in 2002, Unitek College is an accredited, private institution that combines unique academic and technical specialties to provide a superior education in the areas of healthcare and nursing. Unitek College offers seven convenient facilities in California with campuses in Fremont, San Jose, Hayward, Concord, South San Francisco, Sacramento and Bakersfield. Unitek College provides healthcare career training, professional development, clinical placement, and employment assistance to its graduates.
Unitek College is also a great place to pursue a rewarding and challenging career. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, unlimited growth potential, and a collegiate work environment.
Unitek College has an opening for a Receptionist who will also serve as an Administrative Assistant to provide support for both the Admissions department and the Campus Director at the Hayward campus.
Unitek-Hayward offers college level diploma programs in Vocational Nursing, Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting, and Information Technology.
The Administrative Assistant / Receptionist reports directly to the Campus Director but works closely to support the Admissions staff for intake of new students.
Job responsibilities include:
- Answer telephone calls and transfer to the appropriate staff members.
- Greet visitors courteously, determine their needs and direct them to the appropriate person.
- Monitor main entry area to ensure that visitors and/or delivery people are properly escorted.
- Track incoming inquiries on call logs and online data bases.
- Proctor individual admissions testing.
- Audit student education files for errors and omissions.
- Assist with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing, mail, etc.
The successful candidate MUST have:
- Excellent verbal communication skills, especially on the telephone.
- Passion for the value of education.
- Empathy and kindness for all students.
- Patience and flexibility to adapt to changes.
- Energy and organizational skills for multi-tasking.
- Dependability for being at work, arriving on time, and following instructions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
A Bachelor degree is preferred. Bilingual skills are particularly helpful.
This is an entry level position and no prior work experience is required. Training will be provided.