Founded in 2002, Unitek College is an accredited, private institution that combines unique academic and technical specialties to provide a superior education in the areas of healthcare and nursing. Unitek College offers seven convenient facilities in California with campuses in Fremont, San Jose, Hayward, Concord, South San Francisco, Sacramento and Bakersfield. Unitek College provides healthcare career training, professional development, clinical placement, and employment assistance to its graduates.
Unitek College is also a great place to pursue a rewarding and challenging career. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, unlimited growth potential, and a collegiate work environment.
Unitek is seeking subject matter expert to serve as our in-house IT Specialist. The successful candidate will serve two functions within the company. First, he or she must coordinate between the company and external vendors and contractors about IT-related infrastructure and development; and second, the IT Specialist will consult with other business units on any issues that might come up and advise about potential fixes or efficiency controls. We’re looking for a responsive, highly productive professional who can work with numerous IT employees and vendors to ensure continued success through corporate projects.
• Assist with the installation of new hardware and software and help train employees on its use
• Assess infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure it continues to meet necessary demands
• Assist with creating and maintaining workstation image
• Develop new strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve customer satisfaction
• Assist in maintaining updated IT policy and procedure documentation to align with organizational policy.
• Manage company’s SharePoint
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science related field
• Minimum three years of experience working with large IT environment
• Project management/leadership experience.
• High regard for attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to explain technical terms, to non-technical people.
• Ability to work on your own, with limited supervision.