View all jobs
Entry Level Practical Nursing Instructor Reno, NV
Practical Nursing Instructor
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instruct students and develop coursework for the assigned classes.
- Make continuous efforts to improve quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing different and innovative methodologies / techniques in teaching.
- Assist with reviewing and revising syllabi and instructional guidelines.
- Regularly evaluate students to measure their progress in achieving curriculum and course objectives and inform them in a timely manner of their progress.
- Assist with strategic planning and assessment of instructional initiatives to ensure quality of program.
- Maintain student records of attendance, grades, and skills check-off forms and assist with program data collection.
- Teach lectures and clinical rotations (clinical rotations can be days, and/or evenings, on week days and/or weekends).
- Provide access to students for ongoing communication through scheduling of office hours, electronic communication and other appropriate methods.
- Participate in professional development; maintain CE hours to ensure renewed licensure, and stay current with college updates.
- Commitment to teaching and working with a multicultural and multigenerational student body.
- Act as liaison between clinical facilities, community partners and the college
- Registered Nurse with current licensure in Nevada (or ability to get a Nevada license)
- At least 2 years of teaching or work experience for each course, class or subject assigned to teach.
- Able to meet the faculty requirements set by Nevada's Board of Vocational Nursing
- Current immunizations and Basic Life Support Certification
- Experience which demonstrates: Current knowledge of nursing practice; ability to mentor students in classroom, lab and clinical settings.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.