Entry Level RN Medical-Surgical Assistant Instructor
Join the Unitek RN Faculty and Receive a Full Scholarship for Your Master’s Degree!
Unitek College Is Now Hiring RNs with Bachelor’s Degrees for Unitek College RN Faculty. If you’re passionate about nursing, and want to start a career as an educator, Unitek College has a preceptorship program for you. You will have an opportunity to be mentored and work side-by-side with experienced faculty members to learn the ins and outs of teaching college courses. After completing your first year of employment, you may be eligible to receive a full scholarship towards your Master’s Degree in Nursing. We will also coordinate your learning and teaching schedules so that you can complete your MSN in the most efficient way possible.
If you don’t think you have the tools and experience to start your teaching career, don’t worry. Unitek will provide you with the instruction, training and support you need while you work full time.
Founded in 2002, Unitek College is an accredited, private institution that combines unique academic and technical specialties to provide a superior education in the areas of healthcare and nursing. Unitek College offers seven convenient facilities in California with campuses in Fremont, San Jose, Hayward, Concord, South San Francisco, Sacramento and Bakersfield. Unitek College provides healthcare career training, professional development, clinical placement, and employment assistance to its graduates.
Unitek College is also a great place to pursue a rewarding and challenging career. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, unlimited growth potential, and a collegiate work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and participate in on-the-job/faculty development training in order to be able to:
- Instruct students and follow developed coursework/curriculum for the assigned classes.
- Maintain student records of attendance, grades, and skills check-off forms and assist with program data collection.
- Teach lectures and clinical rotations (clinical rotations can be days, and/or evenings, on week days and/or weekends), for specific educational courses.
- Regularly evaluate students to measure their progress in achieving curriculum and course objectives and inform them in a timely manner of their progress.
- Provide access to students for ongoing communication through scheduling of office hours, electronic communication and other appropriate methods.
- Participate in the reviewing and revisions of syllabi and instructional guidelines.
- Make continuous efforts to improve quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing different and innovative methodologies / techniques in teaching.
· Participate in professional development; maintain CE hours to ensure renewed licensure, and stay current with college updates.
· Commitment to teaching and working with a multicultural and multigenerational student body.
· Act as liaison between clinical facilities, community partners and the college
· Registered Nurse with current licensure in California (or ability to get a California license)
· Bachelor’s of Nursing Degree with at least 4 years of direct patient care experience, one of which is within the last five years
· Able to meet the faculty requirements set by California's Board of Registered Nursing
· Current immunizations and Basic Life Support Certification
· Experience which demonstrates: Current knowledge of nursing practice; mentorship/leadership experience that will translate to ability to mentor students in classroom, lab and clinical settings.
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.