Founded in 2002, Unitek College is an accredited, private institution that combines unique academic and technical specialties to provide a superior education in the areas of healthcare and nursing. Unitek College offers seven convenient facilities in California with campuses in Fremont, San Jose, Hayward, Concord, South San Francisco, Sacramento and Bakersfield. Unitek College provides healthcare career training, professional development, clinical placement, and employment assistance to its graduates.
Unitek College is also a great place to pursue a rewarding and challenging career. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, unlimited growth potential, and a collegiate work environment.
Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for the site supervision, development, planning, coordination, organization, implementation and evaluation of the nursing program activities.
Education and Experience:
- Plans, develops, manages, updates and evaluates all aspects of the program including but not limited to:
- RN program budget.
- Faculty and staff.
- Clinical site liaison.
- Curriculum development and implementation.
- Program compliance with Board rules and regulations; site visits.
- Student advocate.
- Program policies and procedures.
- Faculty and student handbooks.
- Supplies and equipment to meet program objectives.
- Prepares data and other written materials for all required state and Board requirements: reports, proposals, self-studies, surveys and site visits.
- Ensures that all student and faculty records on site are initiated and maintained in all phases of student academic status; works with Human Resources to maintain required documentation of faculty and staff qualifications.
- Assists with identifying and obtaining outside resources for the nursing program.
- Develops and implements program policies and procedures.
- Organizes and serves on program committees.
- Oversees admission process and orientation.
- Writes articulation agreements with nearby colleges detailing accepted course equivalents for the purpose of transferring into Nursing Program for all Unitek College and associate body.
- Effectively serves as liaison between community and the college.
- Accepts other duties as indicated to ensure consistency and meeting needs of students and programs.
- Develops and ensures that educational partnerships and contracts with clinical sites are initiated and maintained.
- Performs and/or delegates a clinical site evaluation that includes a thorough assessment on the ability of the agency to provide Clinical experience that meets the objectives for application of theory and clinical course objectives. The assessment includes an analysis of risk, hazards and safety of all students, as well as ensuring adequate staffing to handle clinical objectives.
- Meets with specific clinical faculty or agency educational representative to discuss and confirm number of students, faculty assignments, dates, times, clinical rotations, and clinical objectives. Completes and forwards BRN clinical approval forms as required prior to initiating clinical rotations.
- Ensures that evaluations by students, clinical sites representatives, and faculty at completion of each clinical rotation and provides summary report to the Dean, Chief Academic Officer, and shares same with Advisory Committee.
- Ensures the minutes of inter-agency meetings are maintained.
- Participates in Nursing faculty recruitment, hiring and orientation.
- Actively participates and or ensures that nursing faculty meetings are conducted on a regular basis and adequate records and minutes of the meetings are maintained.
- Participates in conflict resolution for faculty and students.
- Initiates and maintains community relationships; advocates for and markets the programs.
- Monitors quality of instruction and participates in faculty and program review, evaluation, and strategic planning.
- Maintains membership and participates in activities of professional associations.
- Interacts with other college entities as a representative of nursing interests such as counseling, registration and financial aid.
- Provides advising support and degree planning assistance to potential students.
- Provides input and ensures that students are properly oriented to nursing skills lab and clinical facilities prior to initiating clinical rotations.
- Manages student appeals and grievances per policy.
- Participates in the planning and review process for the recruitment and admission of qualified nursing students.
- Advises and provide academic support to nursing students as indicated.
- Assures that all students have completed the necessary documentation and met the requirements for graduation and licensing exam.
- Conducts Nursing Advisory Committee meetings.
- Student performance in program, NCLEX licensing and job placement rates.
- Must hold a current RN license in the state where the campus is located.
- A master’s or higher degree from an accredited college or University that includes course work in nursing, education or administration.
- A minimum of one year's of experience in an administrative position.
- A minimum of two years' of teaching experience in pre- or post-licensure nursing programs.
- At least one year of experiences as a registered nurse provided direct patient care and/or equivalent experience as determined by the Board.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent skills in oral and written communications.
- Committed to diversity, as defined by state law.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and institutions.
- Leadership style that emphasizes collaboration, teamwork, and facilitation.
- Ability to utilize computer-based resources.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus.
- Experience in supervision, planning, budget preparation and maintenance.