Founded in 2002, Unitek College is an accredited, private institution that combines unique academic and technical specialties to provide a superior education in the areas of healthcare and nursing. Unitek College offers seven convenient facilities in California with campuses in Fremont, San Jose, Hayward, Concord, South San Francisco, Sacramento, Bakersfield and Chandler, AZ. Unitek College provides healthcare career training, professional development, clinical placement, and employment assistance to its graduates.
Work for Unitek College
Unitek College is also a great place to pursue a rewarding and challenging career. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, unlimited growth potential, and a collegiate work environment.
We are currently seeking Part Instructors for the Medical Assisting program to provide students with the knowledge, technical skills, computer information processing skills, and work habits necessary for entry-level employment in various health-care related fields including medical transcription, medical billing and coding specialist, medical office manager and medical assistant.
Unitek College is a private nationally-accredited college with campuses in the San Francisco Bay Area and Sacramento, California. We offer on-ground, hybrid and online programs in Nursing, Allied Health, and Information Technology from the Certificate to Bachelors levels.
- Providing hands-on classroom instruction.
- Maintaining and updating course syllabi; assisting in the development of new curricula.
- Cover all material in depth and scope as described in syllabi.
- Utilize a variety of teaching styles and methods to accommodate diverse learning styles of students.
- Preparing and utilizing approved lesson plans.
- Evaluating student competence based on program philosophy and objectives.
- Preparing student progress reports and grade reports; maintaining accurate and timely attendance records.
- Attending faculty meetings.
- Follow the school academic policies at all times.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to create and maintain relationships
- Motivated, self-starter
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work flow
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently
Post-secondary Certificate of Completion in Medical Assisting, or higher medical degree related to Medical Assisting, is required. Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in related field. Teaching experience preferred.
Base Salary is commensurate with verified qualifications.